Sunday, November 17, 2019

Some Solace For a Sunday

Time out.

You can't save the world every day. Life goes on (which is, after all, why one wants to save the world)

Anyway, it can have its uses as well, as we discovered when clearing out my daughter's room (to elaborate on what someone once said: the poor and a teenager's bedroom you will always have with you!), we came across some of her old DVDs, including that 'Mamma Mia' ABBA movie from a few years ago.

Remember ABBA? Of course you do. They're a part of the golden oldies circuit.

How is it possible, these days of ReDS, food shortages, displaced millions, power squabbles and general nummish* attitudes, to get solace from some blonde Eurovision contest winners from the seventies?

Apart from dewy-eyed nostalgia, have a look at these lyrics for I have a Dream:
I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
So, in between saving the world, give the world a chance to save you occasionally.

Message to IgDrip: I will 'cross the stream' when I choose, and I will *not* be coming over any time soon.
*num: I gather from a competent (16yo) authority that this is the current slang for a 'negative sum thinker'. A griefer to oldies like me.
Zero sum thinkers are 'zummers' (aka parents).
So , of course, positive-sum thinkers (guess who?) are ... 'possums'!

No comments: